Exploring the New Samsung Galaxy Mega
Let us welcome the two newest entries in the world of phablets, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3. With its larger display it is deemed to be a great successor of the famous Galaxy Note 2. Put your hands together for the ingenuity of the Koreans who made this possible. What a great way to go after the S4 and Galaxy Note 8.0 release.
New Features to Enjoy
Both devices run on micro SIM cards. Availability of units globally may vary so you need to check your local mobile service providers for stocks. UK subscribers can inquire from O2 and AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon for subscribers from the US. Here are some of the features you can look forward to:
(1) Samsung Link
- Allow users to browse and stream for files via the computers, tablets and ipad as well as television units
(2) S Translator
- Hassle free translation, either by saying or typing in the word that needs translating
(3) Story Album
- Function inspired by the design and functionalities of Facebook and Instagram
(4) Group Play
- 8 different devices can connect to a single Wi-Fi connection is made possible, surpassing the usual limit of 5
(5) Samsung WatchOn
- Allows your device to function like a remote control for your television and even have additional functionalities like providing schedules and programs for recommended shows
(6) S Travel
- A great travel buddy. Get updated information on recommended travel destinations, useful destination facts and handy travel guides
- Screen sharing with friends is made possible via Bluetooth
Back – to – Back Product Specs
For a more effective comparison, here is a tabular presentation of the specifications of each model.
Samsung has continuously found ways to come up with top of the line gadgets making them one of the key players in the mobile phone industry. They started their creation from the simplest and most basic features of the usual cell phone to the advanced features of smartphones, continuously upgrading the fast changing phase of smartphone innovation. I wonder what will come next!
Allie Cooper is a tech aficionado and a fan of gadgets, freshly launched apps, social media and new smartphone releases from O2. Her free time is taken up exploring her passion for music. Follow her on Twitter.
Recommended For You
- Drawing Up a List to Compare Wireless Plans - May 27, 2013
- Google Nexus 4 or iPhone 5? Here are the Difference - Nov 22, 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Ipad 3 - Aug 24, 2012
- Dell Precision M4700 vs Dell Precision M6700 | Mobile workstation - Jul 30, 2012
- Microsoft Surface vs iPad Mini based on User Experience - Nov 24, 2012